16 Aug Cockroach 101: Cockroaches and Health Problems
Cockroaches are the pests everyone loves to hate. As your Hilton Head roach control specialists, we see these critters all the time. They’re difficult to spot in your kitchen, and they’re even harder to kill without a professional’s help. Still, they are some pretty fascinating creatures.
Cockroach Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
There’s so much about cockroaches you probably don’t know. For instance, did you know that most of them aren’t really pests at all? There are about 35-40 different species of cockroach that bother humans. That’s out of more than 4,000 species overall.
Other interesting facts include:
• Cockroaches can live for as long as two weeks without their head.
• The only thing that kills a headless cockroach is the fact that it needs a mouth to drink water.
• Cockroaches are said to be able to withstand nuclear war.
• Cockroaches aren’t picky; they’ll eat whatever is lying around.
• Cockroaches are happy to stay hidden during the day and come out at night.
• If you see a cockroach during the day, your problem might be much bigger than you thought.
Do Cockroaches Spread Diseases?
Cockroaches do spread diseases, and they are also at fault for contributing to various illnesses. They have been known to carry the pathogens that spread diseases like leprosy, tuberculosis and cholera. Asthma and other harmful breathing conditions can also be caused by cockroach infestations as well. Children, the elderly and anyone with a suppressed immune system are particularly at risk.
Got a Cockroach Problem? Call Your Hilton Head Roach Control Specialists
If you notice cockroaches in your home, no amount of cleaning is going to keep them away. Hardware store cockroach baits and bombs are likely to only make matters worse.
Your Hilton Head roach control specialists are here to assist you. We have more than 6,000 happy customers, and we’d like to make you one of them. Contact us right away for help at your home.